“Personal Information,” as used in this Policy, is information that specifically identifies an individual, such as an individual’s name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address. Personal Information also includes information about an individual’s activities, such as information about his or her purchase history, and demographic information, such as date of birth, gender, geographic area, and preferences, when any of this information is linked to Personal Information that identifies that individual.
Personal Information may also include information about your computer hardware and software including your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information may be automatically collected by us and is used for the operation of our service, maintenance of service quality and provision of general statistics regarding use of the Services.
Personal Information does not include “aggregate” or other non-personally identifiable information. Aggregate information is information that we collect about a group or category of products, services, or users that is not personally identifiable or from which individual identities are removed. We may use and disclose aggregate information, and other non-personally identifiable information, for various purposes.
Collection of Personal Information
We collect Personal Information that our users provide to us in a variety of ways through our Services, including:
- E-mail Newsletters. We may offer e-mail newsletters with announcements and information about the Company from time to time on our Services. If you sign up to receive a newsletter from us, we collect your e-mail address. You may opt out of receiving e-mail newsletters.
- User Accounts and Profiles. Our Services gives you the ability to register for an account or to create and update a user profile on the Services. We will collect the Personal Information that you provide to us in the course of using that functionality. This information may include, for example, your name, contact information, and system information, as well as information about your interests, preferences and future needs. We may indicate that some personal information is required for you to register for the account or to create the profile.
- Correspondence. If you contact us by e-mail, using a contact form on the Services, or by mail, fax, or other means, we collect the Personal Information contained within, and associated with, your correspondence. We use this Personal Information to respond to your correspondence. We may also use your correspondence to improve the Services.
- Referrals. Part of the Services enables end users to refer other individuals to merchants using our Services. You must only provide us with addresses of individuals whom you believe might have an interest in the merchant you are referring. We will use email addresses provided to us to send the referral messages and to report the email addresses used for the referral to the applicable merchant.
Passive Information Collection
- When you visit our Services, some information is collected automatically. For example, when you access our Service, we automatically collect certain information, which may include your browser’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type, the nature of the device from which you are visiting the Services (e.g., a personal computer or a mobile device), the identifier for any handheld or mobile device that you may be using, the Web site that you visited immediately prior to accessing any Web-based Services, the actions you take on our Services, and the content, features, and activities that you access and participate in on our Services. We also may collect information regarding your interaction with e-mail messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message.
- Also, please be aware that third parties, such as companies displaying advertisements on the Service, or sites or services provided by third parties (“Third-Party Sites”) that may be linked to or from the Service, may set cookies on your hard drive or use other means of passively collecting information about your use of their services, Third-Party Sites or content. We do not have access to, or control over, these third-party means of passive data collection.
Use of your Personal Information
We use Personal Information that we have collected in several ways, including:
- Company collects and uses your Personal Information and the Personal Information of others you have provided to us to operate the Website and deliver the Services you have requested.
- Company may also use your Personal Information to inform you of other products or services available from Company and its affiliates. We may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
- Company may keep track of the web pages our users visit within the Website, in order to assess and improve Company services. This data may be used to deliver customized content and advertising within Company to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Company will not otherwise transfer, sell, rent or trade your Personal Information to third parties for direct marketing purposes without your written consent.
Disclosure of your Personal Information
We disclose Personal Information that we have collected in several ways, including:
- Company may share Personal Information with its affiliates and trusted partners including but not limited to, data processors which help the Company: perform statistical analysis, provide hosting/computing or infrastructure services, send you email or postal mail, or provide customer support. All such third parties are prohibited from using your Personal Information except to provide these services to Company, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your Personal Information.
- Company will also disclose your Personal Information, without notice, if required to do so by any applicable laws, rules, regulations, codes and or guidelines or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Company or the Services; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Company; (c) the enforcement of our agreements; and, (d) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services, or the public.
- Company may disclose Personal Information to third-party service providers (e.g., value-added resellers, payment processors, data storage and processing facility vendors) that assist us in our work. We limit the Personal Information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such Personal Information.
- Information about our users, including Personal Information, may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, or successor or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of company assets, or similar transaction, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which Personal Information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
The Website may use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Company pages, or register with the Website or Services, a cookie helps the Website to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information. When you return to the same Company website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Website features that you customized.
We may also rely on or permit third-party companies to display ads tailored to your interests on third-party websites. These third-party companies may deliver ads that might also place cookies and otherwise track user behavior on the Website. Each of these companies uses the information it collects according to its own privacy and security policies. If you wish to not have this information used by third parties for the purpose of serving you targeted ads, you may visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ to opt-out.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Website or Services.
Security of your Personal Information
Company secures your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. We use reasonable security measures that are designed to protect Personal Information from accidental loss, disclosure, misuse, and destruction. Please be aware, however, that no data security measures can be guaranteed to be completely effective. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you provide to us. You transmit information to us at your own risk. You are responsible for all Personal Information submitted through your account or user profile and all actions taken through your account and user profile.
Our servers and data centers may not be located in the same country from which you access our Services. If you choose to use the Services, then you should know that you may be transferring your Personal Information outside of your region and into other countries, which might include the United States, for storage and processing. By providing your Personal Information to us through your use of the Services, you agree to that transfer, storage, and processing outside of your jurisdiction. Also, we may transfer your data from other countries, including the United States, to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Services. You should know that each region can have its own privacy and data security laws, some of which may be less stringent as compared to those of your own region.
Children Under Thirteen
Changes to this Policy
Access and Correction of your Personal Information
Unsubscribe from Newsletters
We respect your privacy and you may, at any time and without charge, request Company to cease using your personal information for direct marketing purposes by writing to Company at [email protected]. We also give you an opportunity to opt-out of receiving announcements of certain information. Users may opt-out of email newsletters via the “unsubscribe” link provided in the email newsletter.
Effective as of January 15, 2014